Looking for a simple, fun dessert this holiday weekend? Baking supply company DoughCuts wants to make your festivities easier—and tastier—with their Independence Day cookie cake pattern.
Founded in 2017, DoughCuts specializes in high-quality baking accessories like stainless steel cookie cutters and silicone cookie sheets. Available in a wide range of shapes, their cookie cutters add a little whimsy to any dessert platter.
This Fourth of July weekend, their star-shaped cookie cake template is perfect to give your cook-out a little patriotic flair!
To make your own, you’ll need:
- DoughCuts’ recipe for vanilla cookies.
- DoughCuts’ recipe for cheesecake icing.
- An electric mixer.
- A silicone baking mat OR parchment paper.
- Cookie sheets OR large baking trays.
- Some small, star-shaped cookie cutters.
- Your DoughCuts star template.
- A round icing nozzle.
- An icing bag.
- A microwave-safe bowl.
Once you have your supplies, it’s time to start putting it all together!
- Print and prepare your star template.
- Make your vanilla cookie dough, shaping it with your star template.
- Use your spare dough scraps to cut your star accents!
- Prepare your cheesecake icing, putting it in your icing bag to pipe onto your cake.
- Using your icing as “glue,” start assembling your cookie cake!
After following DoughCuts’ base recipe, why not add your own touch? These cakes are easy to jazz up with sprinkles, strawberries, chocolate chips, festive food coloring, and more.
The complete recipe can be found at this link. Happy baking, New Jersey!
For everything Garden State, keep up with HipNewJersey.com!